Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Line Breaks does not appear in HTML emails

Its been a looong time since my last post. That doesn't mean that I have been idle and not working :-). Just that I have been busy (which is good) and also postponing my task of updating this blog (which is bad).

There have been various issues that I have faced in the last year or so and solutions I found out the hard way which I want to write about and hopefully, I get it done sooner than later.

Anyway to start of, I will start of with a very trivial issue that some of you might have never noticed, but something which stumped me for couple of hours.

I had a task to send HTML mails using Lotus notes and I had a tough time getting the line breaks to appear. I checked all the usual things to ensure that the mails are marked as HTML and still the line breaks would not appear.

I thought it is a lotus notes client issue until I finally found what I was doing wrong.
HTML tag for line break is <br> and not <br/>.


In HTML the <br> tag has no end tag.
But in XHTML the <br> tag must be properly closed like <br />.

No comments:

Post a Comment