Monday, December 15, 2008

SSIS - debug a "script component" control

If you are reading this, you might also have faced a situation where you added a breakpoint and thought of debugging a script component in SSIS package ..

Ok, I found this is not possible. At least I could not do it in SQL 2005. Maybe its possible in 2008. Do note that you can debug scripts in a "Script task" control but not within a "script component" control within a data flow section.

I tried everything .. changing the "Precompile" property to false/true, changing the script control's name (in the design script window - changed the default generated control name from ScriptComponent_7dac1823375d4ad0bddf242bed9e1391 to ScriptComponent) etc .. but nothing worked ..

So maybe this post will save someone's time .. I copied my code to script task and I could manage to debug part of the code (the part I needed to check) .. after that I deleted the script task and returned back to my original flow/code of using the "script component"

Rejo

No comments:

Post a Comment