Thursday, April 10, 2008

Why did I start this blog

I have created more than couple of blogs before this one and unfortunately never been able to consistently post on them. Anyway, I thought I will try again with this one.

From the days when I started programming (more than 12 yrs), I have been stuck in many technical problems. I started my programming days with BASIC, FORTRAN, dBase, Foxpro 2.5 (DOS), Foxpro 2.6 (windows), VB 3,4,5,6, ASP and then finally landed into the .Net world. I also did some work on Unisys mainframes. So as you can see, my life mostly revolved around the Microsoft arena. Like any other software, Microsoft technology too has its limitations and I have learnt to live with it or work around it, As I say, it's my bread and butter as I earn writing code on MS tech. I hate when others crib about the issues with Microsoft technology and at the same time continue to work onn them and earn their living too. What I want to tell them is to move on to some other technology instead of just complaining and continuing to stay there  ..

Anyway, back to "what am I planning to do in this blog". As the title suggests, I will try to post solutions to issues I have faced. I will not say that my solutions are the best and will always work for you too. But I will try to post my version of the solution. I hope that it will at the very least guide you into solving your problem. My posts may have reference to other sites (because I also google a lot for solutions :-) ) and I do not want to take credit to other's work. Please excuse me, if, in time these links stop working.

All the very best !! Do post some comments if my blog helps you or does not help you ..

No comments:

Post a Comment